EUR-ACE® is the European quality label for engineering degree programmes. The label encompasses all engineering disciplines and profiles at First Cycle (Bachelors) and Second Cycle (Masters) level.
The EUR-ACE® label is issued by national accreditation agencies authorised by the European Network for the Accreditation of Engineering Education (ENAEE). The Engineering Council has been assessed and authorised by ENAEE to award the EUR-ACE® label to degrees that have been assessed as meeting in part or in full the academic requirements for CEng registration. This includes Bachelors with Honours, MEng and MSc programmes. This demonstrates that the learning outcomes and criteria specified for accreditation of UK engineering degree programmes in the Chartered Engineer section meet the standards set out in the EUR-ACE® framework.
The EUR-ACE® label offers benefits to Higher Education Institutions, students, graduates and employers including:
- Additional verification of high quality engineering education and assurance that a graduate’s knowledge, understanding and practical capabilities meet international standards
- Assurance that graduates meet entry requirements for engineering Masters and Doctoral programmes
- Automatic inclusion of programmes into the FEANI Index
- Confidence that programmes meet the exemplifying academic requirements for registration
- Facilitation of mobility between EU member states under the Directive on Recognition of Professional Qualifications
Full details of the EUR-ACE® label can be found on the ENAEE website. Universities wishing to apply for the label are invited to contact Neela Lubojacky at the Engineering Council firstname.lastname@example.org